Burning to CD

Discussion in 'iPod' started by siamese9, Jul 17, 2007.

1. siamese9 macrumors newbie

I just went through my itunes and was able to change the edit length to the songs I want in a playlist. I tried to burn the songs to a cd but there is a gap or jump between the songs. I tried to change the preferences to NONE for burning a cd but that did not work. I am trying to just burn a couple of songs with some kind of cross fade. I know it works when playing the songs in itunes - but what can i do to get it on a CD???

HELP!!!:(

2. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

You can't. The best you can get on CD (without other software of some kind) is "no gap" between songs, as you tried. This isn't an iTunes shortcoming I don't think. I can't recall ever seeing any burning app create a crossfade on burned CDs. If there is one that's what you want to try.

Or try using Audacity to put the songs together first, with whatever kind of crossfade you want, then export it out as a single track.
    I do this, but I use an old Windows program I had kicking around. Haven't tried it on a mac yet though I suspect Garage Band should be able to.

3. siamese9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Burning to CD

I tried Audacity and Garageband - i can get the file in to some (its an AAC file) but then after I edit it will not brung to cd since its an aac file. I am not the computer savvy to figure this stuff out.

4. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Weird. You should be able to burn an AAC file from iTunes to a CD.

You know you have to make a playlist to burn ANYTHING in iTunes, right? You can't just click a track then "burn". You have to create a new playlist, add your track(s) then burn from there.

It's a bit much to get your head around, but easy to miss (I did for like 2 days when I first started using iTunes.)

5. siamese9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Burning to CD

Thanks for that...i got it to work for itunes but since that wont allow me to crossfade or fade out, i tried to bring them into Audacity and Garageband. Audaccity wont let me bring it in at all and garageband will allow me to edit it but not burn it onto a CD. ARGH! I wish i knew this stuff better - there must be something I am missing.

6. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Oh, I might be following you wrong. I thought you got the files into audacity, edited them but them couldn't burn them in iTunes. That's not the problem is it? You can't even get them into Audacity or Garageband to even begin editing?

I don't know Audacity or GarageBand very well, but it's very likely that they might not support AACs. You might need the files in an uncompressed format such as AIFF or WAV to be able to edit them.

7. calculus Guest

calculus

From Garageband go File > Export to iTunes and burn it from there.

8. L3X macrumors 6502a

in Audacity, export to an mp3, then you can bring it into iTunes.

you might need to install the LAME mp3 codec for Audacity but it's easy to find by a google search