Burning with iTunes

gco212

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
430
17
Philadelphia
I'm trying to burn a disc in iTunes (Windows) but it won't work. It's a collection from a few different artists and albums, and I put them all in a playlist like ussual. However, when I go to burn it, iTunes freezes up. Any ideas?
 

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
5,041
914
Canada
gco212 said:
I'm trying to burn a disc in iTunes (Windows) but it won't work. It's a collection from a few different artists and albums, and I put them all in a playlist like ussual. However, when I go to burn it, iTunes freezes up. Any ideas?
Never had any problems with my PC, haven't heard of this problem before either. Did you check the forums on Apple's website?
 

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
2,872
0
gco212 said:
I'm trying to burn a disc in iTunes (Windows) but it won't work. It's a collection from a few different artists and albums, and I put them all in a playlist like ussual. However, when I go to burn it, iTunes freezes up. Any ideas?
have tested to see if it your cd-r drive or itunes? i.e. can you burn cds with different software.
 

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
1,955
0
I Live Where I Live
If the Music is Playing Stop it.

Make Sure the CD is clean or the right format (CD-R, CD+R, CD-RW, make sure it matches your drive).

Make Sure non of the music you are trying to burn is corrupt.

Make sure all the check boxes are checked.

Close any running apps.

If you have 2 drives take the disc out of the second one.

Update iTunes to the latest version.

Use Windows Update To Update all drivers and OS.

ANd if something in there doesn't work then hell i have no clue.
 

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
925
1
Michigan
I've have some issues when burning with iTunes on my PC too. Once in a while when I go to burn, it hangs for a few seconds (5-10) then it begins to burn, or once in a great while it will eject my blank CDR and say it is bad. However, if I re-insert the same CDR and try again it always works - go figure!

Its an old Gateway and most of components have been replaced over the years. I have a 48x TDK VeloCD burner. I have a feeling my problem(s) are just a combination of misc. hardware, possibly bad drivers (although they are all up-to-date), Windows and/or iTunes for Windows. It doesn't happen very often, and I don't even burn that much, so it doesn't bother me so much.

Does this always happen to you or can you successfully burn CDs sometimes?
 

gco212

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
430
17
Philadelphia
feakbeak said:
I've have some issues when burning with iTunes on my PC too. Once in a while when I go to burn, it hangs for a few seconds (5-10) then it begins to burn, or once in a great while it will eject my blank CDR and say it is bad. However, if I re-insert the same CDR and try again it always works - go figure!

Its an old Gateway and most of components have been replaced over the years. I have a 48x TDK VeloCD burner. I have a feeling my problem(s) are just a combination of misc. hardware, possibly bad drivers (although they are all up-to-date), Windows and/or iTunes for Windows. It doesn't happen very often, and I don't even burn that much, so it doesn't bother me so much.

Does this always happen to you or can you successfully burn CDs sometimes?
You got it. Thanks a lot. I was getting a little anxious, and when I couldn't get to switch to library or anything, and the time remaining on the song (if one was playing) would stop updating, I thought it had totally stopped working. However, I let it keep going for like a full minute instead of exiting via control+alt+delete and it worked. I have no idea what makes it stall like that, but it worked in the end.
 

tveric

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2003
400
0
gco212 said:
I have no idea what makes it stall like that, but it worked in the end.
I know what makes it do that. Windows.

Mac mini, just $499. Stable, no more security holes, no more spyware, viruses, faster computer, iLife included.... the list goes on.

And iTunes will burn your CDs flawlessly.
 

Apple //e

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2003
273
0
gregorydanger said:
It's probably Windows.

;)
way back i tried to burn cds from itunes and all i got were coasters but nero burnt them fine. same computer, same os (win2ksp4), same hardware (pioneer "superduperdrive"). in my case, the problem wasnt windows, it was itunes. latest itunes upgrade fixed this "issue"
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.