Burnout Bikes

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Sep 18, 2008.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

nice! Love me some Burnout. It will be weird with bikes though, the producer was saying on an IGN podcast that it's a lot harder to crash on a bike, which seems odd.

Downloading as soon as I get home!

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Loads of games have free DLC!

Fake edit: Oh, consoles :p

4. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Downloading now :D. It took me a while... I was downloading Life w/ PS. Then forgot about Life. Went downstairs and noticed my PS was one so I put in Burnout and updated!

5. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

So I started downloading. Then I had to go deal with an ebay sale. I sold an old iPhone tonight. Packed that up, got it ready to ship, went down to play Burnout.... "An error occurred during the download".

Come on!!

Well, now downloading it again :(.

6. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

I downloaded it an played it for a while. Indeed it is harder to crash on a bike. I liked it, but it seems I can't play with AI opponents... all I could find were time trials. I love the day/night.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Is it worth re-buying Burnout Paradise for ?

Have they fixed my biggest annoyance (which was not lack of bikes) the fact you have to re-travel all the way back across the world in order to replay a race... It made the game a bit of a chore for me and in that regards I would have preferred a simple 'RACE' menu option like the older Burnouts.

8. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

I haven't tried it yet, but from what I have read - no, they have not included a "Try Again" option. Which somewhat confuses me. It seems to be the number one gripe people have about the game, and it should be easy to fix. With all the free updates and awesome things they have given us, why haven't they done this yet? :confused:

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah that's mad!! :( I would have re-picked it up cheap second hand if they had finally sorted that... now i'll have to pass.

10. aerowave macrumors member

I'm thinking of getting Burnout Paradise for my Xbox360. Does this update include the previous updates (i.e. Cagney) as they don't seem to be on the Marketplace any more?

Thanks in advance!

11. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

The old DLC is included in the current DLC.

As for the people complaining about having to travel across the map, use that time to learn the map better or to do the Road Rule challenges. Yes, it is a little tedious, but the more back and forth you do the less likely you will lose the race and need to go back.

12. XianPalin macrumors 6502

I've been reading a lot about this, but still haven't picked the game up yet. What are people's thoughts on it now they've had some more time to play it?

13. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I Like the new Bikes, and the Trophies are good too.