Burnout Paradise....connection to scientology?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

This may be far-fetched....but I was playing it earlier, and my girlfriend was sitting next to me. All of a sudden she bursts out "Hubbard"?? It's one of the street names in the game.

Coincidence? Paranoia? Nonsense?

Discuss! :)

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I say nonsense. The developers can name the streets whatever they want...

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Unless it started with "L. Ron" it's nothing.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'd be more concerned with the lack of structure in the game than a place/street name.

Just can't seem to get into burnout paradise and I loved the others.

This just feels like its taken out the good stuff from burnout gameplay wise and added the supposed but flawed free roaming from need for speed and ended up a mess.

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Coincidence. I really find it cool that all the roads are named. It's a pretty good game, online is fun also.

6. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Conspiracy! It's quite obviously part of a multi-tiered propaganda strategy orchestrated by the Rockafellers and the Hollywood liberals to influence your religious beliefs in order to keep you entertained while they fund both sides of wars to profit and ultimately pay off the reptilian aliens who keep spaceport at area51 and are responsible for the JFK assassination as well as hurricane katrina which was created by Bush's hurricane machine after he recieved pressure to eliminate poor people in new orleans. duh!

/needs a tin foil hat
    //I know people like this, they are fun at parties

7. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

Haha, I know exactly what you mean kuyu. I used to try and argue, showing them evidence or just pointing out how ridiculous the theories are, but it doesn't work. Therefore, it's much more fun to just listen to the "proof" that there's a conspiracy behind everything. :D

8. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Indeed. The OP's post is exactly what the Scientologists want. They want Scientology to be a topic, good or bad, so it will be in people's mindset. This is the first step in their slow and subversive process of indoctrinating people into Scientology. "Hidden" suggestions and so forth. Look at the OP's girlfriend...she is obviously further along in the process....look how she bursted out "Hubbard" involuntarily and automatically...how she and the OP immediately associated an innocuous street name, in a game, with the founder of Scientology. They are putting these associations into people's minds. The next step is putting suggestions into people's minds. They will eventually be able to control everything that you think and everything that you do. Need I mention Hubbard's Cave in Chicago? The truth is out there people. Uncover your eyes! Look at what's happening!

FYI: I made all this up

9. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

OH MY GOD! THEY ARE ALREADY CONTROLLING OUR THOUGHTS! IT'S ALL OVER! :eek: