Burnout Paradise

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Benguitar, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

[​IMG]

So, are there any other Burnout drivers among the MacRumors Forums? :cool:

If so, what is your favorite car, favorite moment, and favorite race?

2. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

This game is great. Perfect example of a dev supporting it's product. That's why this game has such longevity. I had it on PS3 blu-ray disc and ended up selling it to get it via the PSN store to play off my HDD. I play it more casually, just boot it up to run a few races etc, so I don't know much about races/cars. But I love what Criterion has done and I feel others should follow suit. FREE DLC for a year after product's release? AMAZING.

3. Kirbdog macrumors regular

Kirbdog

Burnout Paradise is an amazing game. By far the best feature has been free downloadable content. I only wish other developers took time to recognize this and followed suit. It like getting a new game, most game publishers would have repacked and sold each revision as a new game. I am a big supporter of what Criterion Games has done with this game.

I am a casual player of this game but love its laid back nature and enjoy cruising the environment at ballistic speeds. At the moment I have been ripping around with the new toy cars, the F1 car being my favorite.

4. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

My only Platinum Trophy! :D

Really a great game, had loads of fun with it. Can't wait for them to release the map extension!

5. Benguitar thread starter Guest

Benguitar

The Island? OMG I can't wait!

I run it off of a disk and I am guessing the island ISN'T going to be free? How am I to get it? Must I buy it off of the PSN Store...?:confused:

6. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

The Island will be DLC from the PSN store.

7. Benguitar thread starter Guest

Benguitar

8. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Yes, it will be a download from the PSN Store. It won't be free, nor would I expect it to be free. Someone has to pay for development costs.

9. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Don't be a cheap-o dude! pay for it for us! :p;)

10. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

true they've given us MORE than any other dev in terms of free DLC, so for a new map/extension, asking for DLC is not bad.

11. Benguitar thread starter Guest

Benguitar

That's true..

So what is everyone's favorite car?

I'm a Nighthawk guy myself.

[​IMG]

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

A game that improved with age. Especially thanks to a restart option....

However I still prefer the non free-roaming burnouts of the past. Imagine how great a new burnout would look if it only had to render individual tracks rather than an entire city.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Sorry, Valve takes the biscuit on that one! Free updates, free maps, free mods, new weapons, new game modes in TF2 and L4D. It's about time console devs started to follow suite.

14. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I have it, A class license, but I've gotten kinda bored with the sandbox design. :( Still plan to at least finish all the events.. eventually. Will take a look at the upcoming Cops n Robbers DLC. This is a game where it'd help if I had a nice huge LCD TV to play it on. I kind of have to squint at it on mine.

I do too. It's not that the sandbox design is so terrible but I like the regular kind better. Burout Revenge for 360 looks pretty good and it's only an update to a PS2 game! If they took the racing from Burnout Dominator (loved the return of real Burnouts, and the drift events) and the crash type events from Revenge, together with superior graphics, it'd undoubtedly be my favorite Burnout. Oh, and please give us a REAL soundtrack and not the EA Trax sh**. But I kind of feel like the Burnout Series is done. Looking forward to Split Second (speaking of which, I'm going to play Pure very soon. Demo was awesome).

15. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

16. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I played it for a solid year after release, but haven't touched it months except to DL the updates. Everything that has been added has been good, but the cars are way overpriced for what you get in return, and the Island has been continually delayed.