burnt audio cd being ejected

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jose-luis, Jan 27, 2008.

1. jose-luis macrumors newbie

Hi, first of all hello to everybody, I'm newbie to Mac after too many years suffering windows.....
    here is the thing, every time I insert a cd of my own -burnt in windows- it's ejected. I happened not only with audio cd but with burnt software cd's too. I'm desperate now since cannot import any of my cd's to iTunes. Don't wanna go back to windows!:mad:
    please help!
    thanks!

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Do ANY burned CDs work?

And, do the CDs that have been rejected work on a different computer? Not your PC, but someone else's?

If those CDs work fine on other drives, or if no burned CDs work, then you have a defective drive on your Mac, unfortunately.

3. jose-luis thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks! forgot to mention it is a macbook! :eek:
    yes, they work on other laptops and yes no burnt cd's work on my macbook so :(
    let's hope they won't take it away for too long to replace the drive.....

again, thanks for prompt response!

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Hopefully the replacement will be quick. I had the same problem on a 20" White iMac, I guess there's a problem with some of these slot-loading drives and one of the lasers goes bad after a while.

Anyway, it took about a week to replace the drive at an Apple Store (the drive had to be ordered). But, it's worked fine since. Thankfully I had AppleCare *whew!*.

5. jose-luis thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks again!
    I don't have applecare -too steep @ over 300 EUR!- but it's still on guarantee -less than 6 months-
    one thing that amazes me is that even though in the EU the guarantee period is 2 years Apple says it's only 1 year! do you know why?

cheers