Burnt pixel... will Apple replace?

D ROCK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
I bought my 17" iMac a few months ago and just now realized that there is definately a pixel burnt in my screen. it is now bugging the heck out of me as I can't seem to overlook it. my question is this... Will Apple replace my iMac for me?
and if so will I get a refurb 17" as they no longer sell the 17" model or would they give me a new aluminum one?
either is fine as long as It doesn't have burnt pixels....

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
There's absolutely no chance that Apple will replace it, neither would any other manufacturer.

rainydays

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2006
I bought my 17" iMac a few months ago and just now realized that there is definately a pixel burnt in my screen. it is now bugging the heck out of me as I can't seem to overlook it. my question is this... Will Apple replace my iMac for me?
and if so will I get a refurb 17" as they no longer sell the 17" model or would they give me a new aluminum one?
either is fine as long as It doesn't have burnt pixels....
If it's been a few months then I'm afraid it might be a problem to replace it.
But it doesn't hurt to ask. Just be polite and patient with them.

D ROCK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
ok i thought iheard that people were getting replacements for burnt out pixels and I am sure mine is still within my warranty period... I just wasn't sure if pixels were covered by the apple care warranty or not. and I thought I would ask here first then i would ask the Apple support people.