Burnt Toast

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mawjav, Jan 26, 2009.

1. mawjav macrumors newbie

Hi. Hope someone can help.

I use Toast to burn DVDs. But recently my MBP Superdrive has been refusing to play ball. Whenever I insert a DVD and set up Toast to start the burn, I get:

Sense Key = MEDIUM ERROR
    Sense Code = 0x73, 0x0x

I also own an external DVD/CD drive (USB2) which I use with my little ASUS. So, I plugged my external drive into my Mac and tried Toasting again. But:

Sense Key = MEDIUM ERROR
    Sense Code = 0x73, 0x03

So, either my Superdrive is fragged, or my external drive is fragged, or both.

But the external works fine with my ASUS. And it sounds like a longshot both are fragged with the Mac. Maybe the DVDs I'm trying to burn to are fragged. Or it's a software glitch in Toast. Or....

my Superdrive is fragged for writing. Other posters have had problems with their Superdrives too. BUT my external is fine. So it must be either Toast or the DVDs, right?

Ideas please.

Cheers,

Martin

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. mawjav thread starter macrumors newbie

Any recommendations? Sony-Rs used too, as did TDK-Rs and TDK-RWs. None work in either drive now, for writing, though I can read from all of them.

Cheers.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I've always had good luck with Sonys. Try running the Apple Hardware Test.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I saw another thread earlier today that blames 10.5.6 for it. Too lazy to search.