Busily pondering a 9.7 color and wondering why if the case just hides it...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by sixxmum, Apr 18, 2016.

1. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I always have something on my iPad, though recently it has been a Logitech keyboard case on the front and a skin on the back. I assume my practice of using a case/cover of some sort will continue. This, then, makes me wonder why it matters what iPad I get.

So, I'm curious:

Did you pick your iPad color for aesthetic reasons?
    If yes, how much of the color actually shows on a day to day basis and what case are you using?

2. bob24 macrumors 6502

A few points:
    - Colour of the area around the screen (black or white), which likely won't be covered.
    - Many cases will expose small parts of the iPad - depending on what case you are getting the coulour of the iPad itself could or couldn't be a good match
    - How easy will it be to resell? Not sure there is much of a difference in resell value depending on the colour, but I tend to think grey or silver will attract a larger pool of buyers.

3. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I pick my iPad color based solely on bezel color. Since only Space Grey comes with a black bezel, I don't need to consider what the back color is.

If Apple were to ever offer the black bezel on the other colors, then yes I'd pick one for aesthetic reasons since I use a clear thin skin on the back to protect from scratches and improve grip.

4. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

What skin are you using? I'm tempted by the idea of a clear skin.

5. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I'm looking for a clear skin that is rated well, Best Skin Ever seems to be pretty good, but in the meantime I am currently using clear Con-Tact paper that is neatly trimmed. It is inexpensive ($3 a roll), leaves no residue, extremely thin, nearly invisible. It is so thin that it doesn't interfere with a hard plastic back-cover.

I've used this technique on my other iPads and ended up never getting a "genuine" skin. I was thinking I would get one this time, but the con-Tact paper works so well. :eek: :)