Business Account DOES matter

Discussion in 'iPad' started by christophermdia, Nov 13, 2015.

1. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

I went into my local Apple Store this morning to see if they had any pencils and/or keyboards and they were all out of stock. I was wearing a jacket with my company logo on it and the associate asked if I actually worked for that company, I told him I did and there response was well just give me a business card and I will call you when I get either a pencil or keyboard in. I left the store and about 10 minutes later got a call from the Apple store saying that they had just received a shipment of pencils and had set one aside for me. I am on my way to pick it up now.

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Mental note, resume carrying business cards.
    Never do anymore, they seem antiquated.

3. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I called the business number that the local rep handed me on Wednesday morning. My local store hasn't seen any come in but he took my name / number and company name and said he would call if he heard anything or anything came in. Fingers crossed.

4. Macalway macrumors 68000

5. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

What do you mean "Filbert's Antique Tires and Sousaphone Repair" doesn't sound like a real business?

6. Macalway macrumors 68000

No that wont work. It's got to sound important. Like you have money, and with money potential from the business.

They are not selling individual pencils. They want to move bulk. Makes sense

We are insignificant.

7. AppliedVisual, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015

AppliedVisual macrumors 6502a

Hmmm... Maybe the business sales rep at your local Apple Store is trying to build up a bigger client base or something. It seems like we get a new business sales person at our local stores every 6 to 8 months and we don't get any preferential treatment. Well, I routinely get 10% off new system purchases and anything bought with those systems. I've had a few other perks, like getting to play with the new Mac Pro cylinders early before the store opened on the day they went on sale. Along with a few other business customers there... No 10% off on the iPad Pro though... I'm on the waiting list for the pencil and smart keyboard... Have them on order through B&H as well...

8. citivolus macrumors 6502a

multiple lol's, thanks for that!

9. christophermdia thread starter macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

We already have a business relationship with Apple so I'm not sure they're trying to win additional business from myself however our annual Apple spend is quite large. I did get 10% off the iPad Pro, but not the accessories, including the pencil.