Business Administration: Finance

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fate0311, Nov 21, 2016.

1. fate0311 macrumors 6502

Any reason why someone in this major would need a dGPU?

if this was your major which 2016 MBP would you buy?

Also in addition to hardware specs, how about display?

13" and use external monitor if needed? Opt for 15" and exclude needing an external monitor?

Any input appreciated.

2. Murgatroyd314 macrumors regular

Any computer made in the last 30 years should be perfectly adequate for the computational tasks required for finance. The real question is what else you'll be doing with it.

3. fate0311 thread starter macrumors 6502

I figured. How about screen size decision? I'm thinking real estate knowing I'll be working with spread sheets etc.

Portability is great with 13" however would probably require an external monitor. 15" may be able to negate having to grab an external however you lose portability.

4. Sully macrumors regular

Sully

Everyone seems to have a different opinion. I moved from a 15" to a 13 " in part because I fear the dGPU longevity. I've found that I like the form factor and so far ( I use a lot of finance tools and trading software) I don't find the smaller screen distracting. In fact, after using the 13" for a week, I feel like the 15" is too large to carry around every day and it's more of a desktop replacement than a truly portable laptop. If I were in school and moving around a lot, I'd surely go for the 13".