Business Apple ID for multiple iPhone while purchasing apps.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by beidog, Aug 29, 2011.

1. beidog macrumors newbie

Our company uses iPhone as our mobile devices and every employee has his/her own Apple ID. Currently , the company would like to install some apps on all employees phones, so we made a company Apple ID.

While I install these apps for our employees, I log out from their original ID and log in with the company ID, then purchase Apps from apple store and install the apps. Then log back in with their own ID.

I did these for 3 employees already. It looks like they all have no problems.

But my question is that while they go back home and sync their iPhone with iTune, will there be any problem since there are some apps in their iPhone are not purcahsed under their iTune's account.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Yes their will be.

Under Apple's FairPlay (DRM) policy, you can only authorize up-to 5 computer/devices to use under the same Apple ID.

Depending on how many employees are in your company and will be using those apps, you might want to look into getting an Enterprise account.

App Store Volume Purchase Program.
    http://www.apple.com/business/vpp/

3. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

The problem with the App Store Volume licensing program in its current state is that you're basically "gifting" the apps to your employees to redeem under their personal Apple IDs. When the employee leaves the company, so does that "copy" or "license" for the app, you can't redistribute it to a new hire.

4. beidog thread starter macrumors newbie

so one ID for up to 5 devices? we have less than 20 employees use company iPhone. so I think we can make 3-4 Apple IDs but link to the same credit card since accounting department only cares about money, not IDs. As long as they can use and sync their iphone normal, it would be fine.
    The Volume licensing looks complicated