Business apps for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Reach9, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

One major category which i think isn't being used to it's potential is Business. When browsing the App Store, i always feel disappointed when going over the Business category due to it's lack of quality apps and it's emptiness.
    I'd love for the iPhone to take over the enterprise market. But i think more business oriented apps are needed to help make that progression.
    Having proper Word, Powerpoint, Excel editors on your iPhone would be such a great plus.
    I'm not a developer but i wish i could do something about this.

My thoughts.

2. oculus42 macrumors 6502

These would require Microsoft to build quality apps for a dominant competitor's platform. If Microsoft goes for this, I expect a few years before it's really usable. The Mac BU at Microsoft are some dedicated folks but they have entire layers of Microsoft against them.

3. zenio macrumors 6502

Without a decent notification system there's no point.

4. LapsangSouchong, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011

LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

While I don't consider MS Office "business" apps, I am always hoping for a few good business apps. There's a couple of good ones out there already (like MiniBooks from Freshbooks). And good tools like Good Reader, and Elements available for manipulating word docs. And then work arounds like googledocs (free)...And yes, documentstogo is a darned good app.

5. ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

why?

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Yup, that's what I use. My job allowed me to install it on my company notebook. It's always on & connected, so when they add documents, even on my days off I can easily sync with DocsToGo at home and view them.

As far as editing & creating docs, it's basically the same as DocsToGo is on WM and same with every other docs app I've tried on WM. I like scrolling in any direction with .xls files much better any other phone OS.

I don't know what the OP means by "Proper". DocsToGo does the job.

7. Reach9 thread starter macrumors 68020

Reach9

I know it does, i was talking about the other competitors which are weak imo.

All in all, i feel that business apps were lacking in the iPhone and just wanted to express my opinion.