iPad Pro Business customers: any luck with buying accessories?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ara-mia, Nov 16, 2015.

1. ara-mia macrumors member

ara-mia

I'm a professional designer and illustrator and have been doggedly hunting the Apple Pencil in my local store, much like everyone else in the known world. (I'm hoping to replace my Wacom Cintiq Companion 2, which is many things, but "quiet", "efficient", and "portable" are none of them.)

After this many days of useless runarounds, I finally managed to make contact with my store's business team last night and was added into their system with the promise that I'd receive contact via email, and from there, I'd be able to have a store employee check stock on a regular basis and reserve a Pencil for me when they do become available. It's now over 45 minutes past my store's opening time, and I've received no confirmation of any sort, which has me good and worked up to say the least. Have any business customers on these forums managed to secure Apple Pencils or Smart Keyboards from their local stores? Did you experience any similar delays with receiving contact after signing up?

I'm debating calling this morning to follow up, make sure I'm in the system, and request a stock check, but as calls to the business team are still routed to off-site employees just like personal ones, I'm concerned that this would be a basically useless exercise.

2. goomba478 macrumors regular

I didn't even think about that. I've been registered with my business for years now. Keep me posted !

3. Joe Rossignol Editor

Joe Rossignol

Staff Member

I was told there was zero stock of Apple Pencils when I asked for both personal use and under my business account.

4. ara-mia thread starter macrumors member

ara-mia

Thanks, both of you! I followed up by calling my local store this morning and was told that the last shipment of Pencils they received was on Friday; they double-checked that my info was in their system and assured me that someone would follow up once they had a Pencil for me to pick up. All signs seem to point to the middle of the week as when there will be a big push of new stock, so here's hoping--I'll keep an eye on Best Buy in the meantime, just in case. :D

5. craig1410 macrumors 65816

craig1410

I spoke to my business team on Friday who told me much the same as you but I've not heard anything further. To be honest they should probably prioritise online orders to discourage scalping.