Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akidd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
Tunbridge Wells, UK
This afternoon I finally ordered my iMac (3.06) from the Apple Business Store (UK). Because I had a question I rang them and was told if you order it on the phone, rather than online, there is a extra discount: 3% in the iMac, 10% on Apple software and 5% on MacPro. I didn't ask what the others were.

If anyone is buying through the business store, do it on the phone. 3% may not be much but it worked out at c£36 less.

Seemed strange that the discount was if you rang, rather than if you did the work online.

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
I suspect the telesales person also gave you the max discount they're allowed to if someone rings and says, "what's the best deal you can give me?"

akidd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
Tunbridge Wells, UK
I suspect the telesales person also gave you the max discount they're allowed to if someone rings and says, "what's the best deal you can give me?"

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know. What was your point?
I wasn't having a go, just pointing out an extra discount (if applicable) was available, and UK buyers should be aware of it.
Surely a discount is better than none?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.