Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NDChemist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
Minnesota
I just completed a trip to Japan for work and was completely "paper & laptop-free" for the whole week! Before I went on the trip I uploaded all of my necessary papers (agenda's, reading material, etc) to iDisk (you could use DropBox just as easily) and put them on my iPad with GoodReader. Then when I got there, all of my documents were accessible for quick viewing and sorting by which meeting I was going to be at that day. Then I used Notes Plus to take notes during the all-day meetings. Notes Plus worked great! I tried NoteTaker HD but it was not as smooth as Notes Plus. Now I use Excel all-time at work but I didn't need it that week so my laptop stayed in the bag all week. I could have left it at home!!! The iPad is a great business travel companion because you get the productivity as well as the entertainment value (movies, games, etc) you want when you are away from home. I have only had the iPad since Christmas, but I am so pleased it can cross over from home to work so easily.:)

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Welcome to the club! Ive been using my iPad as my primary computer since day 1. While its not been without its hiccups and workflow issues, i am NEVER going back!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.