Business Users: iPhone Voicemail Benefits?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by creationmyth, Jun 18, 2008.

1. creationmyth macrumors newbie

So, I have been reading up on the debates regarding the iPhone 3G and how it may or may not be right for corporate use yet. Honestly, I agree that the security issue will need to get solved eventually but I don't work in an industry that requires a whole lot of security (I'm professional, but I shop more like a pro-sumer). I primarily use my phone to stay connected with employees and clients.

I'm curious if the 3G has any benefits, then, in relation to voicemail. I know ALL iPhones allow you to physically access your messages but I don't know if this can be wired to advanced 800 voicemail account or something like that? For example, I'm trying to weight out the benefits against just buying a treo and using a service like gotvmail's "play it on mobile," which basically allows the same thing (access voicemail on -- not just FROM -- your phone/pda).

I know I could probably call apple on this but I'd rather post it here and debate the possibilities endlessly :).

2. creationmyth thread starter macrumors newbie

No one, eh? Maybe I should rephrase the question. Will buying an iPhone cause me to abandon all other mobile products and services for this superior piece of telephony technology?

(bearing in mind I will be using it for business)