Business Week: Apple exploring possibility of cell phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rybold, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

I'm posting this from my iPhone, which dies not have copy & paste, so I cannot add the link (it's on yahoo finance under AAPL), but Business Week just reported that Apple is exploring the idea of making a whole line of non-iPhone cell phones. Perhaps the iPod-classic phone will be one.

2. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

what?

I didn't see any Business Week article like that today. A little linkage would go a long way here.

(but you're just "joking" and making a thread for no reason)

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

5. Rigsby macrumors regular

Am I missing something here, the nearest that article gets is a reference to an analyst's expectation of 'cheaper models' in January. Even given it's just an analyst's opinion, it could mean anything.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This is an article from last week. It says nothing about Apple exploring new phones. It simply quotes an ANALyst stating his opinion.

7. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

Reading and understanding are two different things.

8. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha everyone,

It appears their beat writer actually reads MacRumors.com! Aside from a rehash of what we've all seen here, I've now seen in print something I've heard from a different news source, something which portends a negative slant towards Apple.

The article claims that Apple's goal is 10 million iPhone 3G sold in 2008, vice the stated goal of 10 million iPhones, obviously to include the sales of the 1st gen iPhones. Assuming that Apple will not sell 10 million iPhones 3G this year, and it is likely that Apple will not sell that many, I can see the MSM jumping all over Apple and using only the iPhone 3G sales numbers as further proof that the Crackberry is still better than the iPhone.

I really detest this playing "fast and loose" with the truth. I hope it does not continue.

:apple:HawaiiMacAddict