Businesses having second thoughts about Vista

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by tomoisyourgod, Aug 1, 2007.

1. tomoisyourgod macrumors regular

Fewer now believe it's more secure than XP, says new survey

Basically, there's no rush for businesses to deploy Vista (we all know this) however, more are considering Linux or OS X

You can read it all here

I've noticed that the most common question people ask me is "Are Macs compatible with MS Office?" Pages & Keynote are, then there's a choice of Open Office or Neo Office - which are both compatible with office formats...

2. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Hmm...no one wants to comment on this. Well, I'll say that this is a good chance for Apple to catch up. The business world is a crucial one for computer industry growth. Let's hope some of these companies don't show cowardice and go for Vista within another year or two.

3. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Ya, I agree. I love iWork, but it could need a business update to make it more like Office, instead of just being artsy. Why not switch to mac?

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

they might have 2nd, 3rd, 4th thought on vista, but business comm is the one who doesn't do upgrade until necessary, they probably just stick to XP.

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

By the time companies finally get around to it, Windows 7 will be out!