But, but, but this phone has better SPECS!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bwrairen, Mar 25, 2011.

1. bwrairen macrumors 6502

Don't you just love how every time another Android manufacturer releases a new phone ANOTHER thread starts up here asking "should I switch?", "why can't Apple include this?" or "this is it....the iPhone killer!". It is getting pretty funny these days.

"But this phone has 512mb of memory! It must be faster than the iPhone."

"This phone has a 4.5 inch screen....why can't the iPhone?"

"This phone records video in 1080p!"

If you people need to have the phone with the largest screen and the highest specs then stop asking and start switching. My guess is most of you will be back to the iPhone inside of 6 months. I did my switch for the EVO, and I was back on the iPhone in 4 months.

I'll stick with the phone that I think performs the best. Regardless of the spec sheet.

There ya go....Flame away!

2. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I don't need the best of everything and I'm perfectly happy with a new iPhone each year. I don't want a phone that will be obsolete in two weeks. (Aka an Android phone)

3. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

Most people are never happy with one gadget or phone therefore when something comes out better they become specwhores and want it.

But these are the same people who never use the cameras on their phones or take videos or use at least 70 percent of the features of the phone. I'm satisfied with my iPhone 4 :)

4. Charlie Sheen macrumors 6502

Charlie Sheen

Does it have ios? Nope. So it's a no go for me

5. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Between now and June, Android phones will look their best compared to the iPhone.

6. Savor Suspended

Savor

iPhone's only glaring weakness is it lacks the multiple form factors. One size doesn't fit all in a market of BILLIONS of consumers. And its current form factor will always hold itself back in more gaming genres. Games is the most lucrative genre in the App Store. Once we get all the practical apps out of the way, games have the highest repurchasing power. Go to the App Store and check what are the top paid apps.

That's why the Xperia Play intrigues me and be complimentary to an iPhone. Seems to stand out in a sea of slate designs. It has last year's top specs but it doesn't bother me if I plan to play emus on them. I know not all emulated games run perfectly. Back in 2008, they were awful. Can be a hit and miss. But even having just ONE perfectly emulated game of Super Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Sonic, Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat, NBA Jam, or Final Fantasy still offers way more entertainment value than 95% of iPhone games.

And emulators are improving as many run at 100% full speed and perfect sound. What we need now are the proper controls. A slate design can't do that unless you have an accessory or Wii-mote. Enter Xperia Play. The problem for iOS fans is even if iPhone 5 goes dual-core and have a better GPU, playing emus of games on it from the 16-bit era would still suck. And Apple would never want to make a thicker phone. Imagine adding more horsepower to a car but took out the steering wheel?

If you want more horsepower, get a Sony NGP.

If you want free classics without a need to always carry two devices, get an Xperia Play.

People may think mobile gaming is a "niche" thing and only for kids. I think it is where the money is at for app purchases and Sony is planting the seeds at the right time in a market already ripe and mature for better mobile gaming. Sorry, Nokia. Remember, these current "adults" in their 30's and 40's grew up playing video games most of their life. The Baby Boomers doesn't rule anymore.

7. ssk2 macrumors regular

Cool story bro'.

Everyone goes with the phone they think is best for them. If that means they want the 'best specced' phone, why does it matter to you?

I don't really understand the point of this thread :confused:

8. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

The Atrix 4G had my eye... and so did the xoom. I haven't heard anything super good about either of them to date. I will gladly stick with my iPhone and iPad. It's more problem free than android phones!

9. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Actually I thought I was going to see a link or some specs about another failed attempt, more of the same non sense.
    A case with the controls may be a wat to go, or a wireless Bluetooth One, as The HDMI video out And AirPlay are becoming more popular the gaming experience will be or might evolve into something else for iOS.
    The emulators are very nice, but unfortunately we have to go the jailbreak way to enjoy them in iOS, so if the Androids are so in favor of 'customization' and getting a geek thrill because you can play with the OS, what is the key difference of that vs a jailbroken iPhone, if with the iPhone after it is jailbroken you can have both.
    As RIM is going to allow Android Apps in their products Apple might have to step up their game, and who knows if something like bootcamp for iOS comes down the road.

10. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

People love specs to bad people don't understand that specs aren't everything. If the software doesn't utilize the hardware correctly what's the point. For example the iPhone doesn't have the most megapixel in the camera but it takes better pictures and video than most phones with phones with more megapixel.

The iPhone processor is underclocked yet is runs smoother than and sometimes faster than phones that have more power.