But I just ordered a refurb on Friday...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Potion, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Potion macrumors newbie

I didn't want to wait any longer. I'm not saying I'm disappointed in my purchase, but seeing as how I will be receiving my refurbished MBP *TODAY* via FedEx, it's hard for me to see the recent price cuts and still feel good about the seizing the moment.

Is there anything I can do at this point? Some kind of pricematch/return in order to save the $350 I would have if I had just waited to order today?

Any help is appreciated.

2. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Call Apple and see if they can do something for you.

3. Potion thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I may try here in a bit. I'm at work right now and I imagine that Apple's 800 number is being owned right now.

4. crazyskillz07 macrumors member

My macbook refurb is supossed to be here tomarrow.. GRRR

5. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Return policy man. If it's unopened you SHOULD be able to get all of your money back, with the possibly exception of shipping.

6. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

If the product is not open you can return it.

7. Potion thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess it would just be nice if I could circumvent the whole shipping back and reshipping. Essentially I'm not disappointed with what I purchased, just the huge price cut that followed a few days after. I'll call during lunch to see what they can do.

8. econ05 macrumors newbie

Price protection: they will refund the difference between what you paid and the current price as long as you are within the 14 day return window. I just got the $250 different between the $1299 I paid for my refurb blackbook and the current price of $1049 credited back to me. It took about 30 minutes waiting on the phone but I finally got through to someone and they were able to do the credit with no problem. And might I add that $1049 for a blackbook is a ridiculously good deal.

9. Potion thread starter macrumors newbie

Sweet. I am on hold right now.

10. crazyskillz07 macrumors member

I just called apple. They said that I can return it if I want to for full refund. I can also get 100 dollars back if I choose not to return it. So now I have o make a decision to wait 2 more weeks so I can return it and buy a new one while also paying 100 dollars(student discount) or keep what I have and receive 100 back. I have 4gb of memory and a hard drive for the one coming so I don't think a 200 dollar difference is worth only .2ghz more clock speed. What do you guys think?

11. Potion thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: Spoke with Apple and they will be crediting my card with $450. Couldn't have worked out better I guess. $1649 for a 2.4 C2D Refurb 15" MBP.