But seriously...is it really that hard to get...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daneoni, Aug 5, 2008.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

...2.0/2.0.1 firmwares stable/fluid?

Been testing my phone today after hesitantly but hopingly updating to 2.0.1 last night given that I'd downgraded back to 1.1.4 a day after updating to 2.0 and I'm considering doing it again now. The difference hasn't been that great, yes it's slightly better but not by much at least compared to the legendary 1.1.4

Question is, is it really hard to get it stable like 1.1.4 due to the new features added? or is apple just not with it recently?. Have to say I'm getting jaded with Apple...it just seems to be one thing after another these days

2. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Ask the devs @ :apple: They would be able to answer the question better.

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

To be fair 1.1.4 came out a full 8 months after the iPhone was released, so that's a pretty good reason why it's so stable.

I haven't had any major issues with 2.0 or 2.01, but I'm guessing if you want the solid stability of an eight-month old OS, you're going to have to have patience for at least a month (which we haven't even arrived at yet with 2.0).

4. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

I suppose that's a fair argument...time heals all wounds. Too bad waiting sux though