...But what about improved service?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tomegun, Oct 17, 2011.

1. tomegun macrumors 6502

tomegun

I will be forever grateful if some of you that have upgraded to the iPhone 4S on AT&T can answer this one question for me: has the new antenna improved your cell service or decreased your dropped calls?

My service has been so bad with AT&T that I think they are ready to let me leave without paying the ETF (x2 my wife and I). I love the device and features, but I want to be able to use it as a phone without constantly worrying about dropped calls. My friends/family have grown used to having dropped calls with me on a daily basis. I have went through all of the tech support and called CS several times. I have cleaned the SIM, changed the SIM and Apple replaced my iPhone. Almost every time I call them about dropped calls, the call gets dropped.

I know that any replies I get may not necessarily apply to my area, but I just want to see if the new antenna is making a difference with people who use it.

2. iphonenub macrumors regular

Well, I don't know how much better the signal is in general because I never got dropped calls but on my last phone when I was in my basement I was either switching between 2g and 3g or I was able to hang onto 1 bar of 3g. With the iPhone 4S I have 3 bars in my basement at all times. Definitely helps my battery life.

3. tomegun thread starter macrumors 6502

tomegun

Thanks for your response. This is the type of information I find useful. For my personal situation I will have to test it to see, but I want to know if the antenna is helping others.

4. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

The new antenna system is a huge improvement. No more "death grip". It's just down to how good the coverage is, in your area, now.

Put it in field test mode and held it for over a minute. No loss. But I have really good signal to be starting with.

5. EddyP macrumors 6502

What was your other phone?

I am in the same situation. ATT service is bad around my house. I can't even walk to the store without it dropping. If I'm on the phone driving back to my house, the call will drop 9 out of 10 times. The coverage map claims it is all an area of good coverage. After many calls to ATT I'm about to drop them.

I was excited to hear about the new antenna. I am curious how it will work.

6. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Ever since the first iPhone, the service reception has always been rather embarrassing. I have always just dealt with it b/c of the iPhone and how much I enjoyed using it.

Is the reception better than the iPhone4? Eh, it is slightly improved...which maybe a big deal...but it is nothing to really be excited about. )

7. tomegun thread starter macrumors 6502

tomegun

Do you live next door to me? That is exactly how it is for me.

For me, I will get excited about a little improvement.

8. tomegun thread starter macrumors 6502

tomegun

Anybody else have any good or bad reception experiences with the 4S on AT&T?