Butterfly KB is already breaking after 1 day!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JayMBP, Dec 21, 2016.

1. JayMBP macrumors regular

So I got my new 15" rMBP on Sunday, opened on Monday and after a day of using lightly, the G key on my keyboard is already broken.

Now it's not clicking anymore. It just sits almost at the lowest position. Although if I pressed to the bottom, it would still register (that's how I'm typing all the G now).

I got say... Apple's pursuit for thinness is bringing more problem that it's worth. :(

So, I'm heading to Apple Store first thing tomorrow before my flight and hopefully they can fix it on spot.

Anyone else have problem with their KB?

2. lambertjohn macrumors 6502

I wouldn't get them to fix it; I would get them to replace it with a new computer. You've had it one day, right? Demand a new replacement. Or refund it and buy again. Unless, of course, it's a BTO Macbook. Then you've got to get it fixed.

3. skids929 macrumors 6502a

skids929

real simple, return it for a new under their return policy. I don't know why this is even something you need to post about. Computers have issues even when brand new. Apple stand behind their products, so you're covered. Problem solved, case closed.

Congrats on your new machine, they are awesome.