Button issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by leecronin, Jun 25, 2007.

1. leecronin macrumors newbie

Got new MB. Light use in the week since I've had it, noticed yesterday that the Right side of the track pad button has become raised and a little loose. It's not effecting performace but i'm surprised this has happened as I've barely touched the thing.

Is it normal for the buttons to loosen a little over time or should I be worried about this getting worse?

Thanks for any info

2. JonnyP macrumors newbie

Hey there..

It a common problem with most MACs..and heard alot of similar problems happening to other laptops not just macs.. take it back where you got it from.

3. hawaiian macrumors member

hawaiian

I haven't ever had that problem, that's something you might want to have taken a look at.

4. gunpowda macrumors member

Hi, I have exactly the same problem (it just started to feel that way today), and I was about to post a thread on it.

Would this be covered by AppleCare?

5. PDE macrumors 68020

Try this: fold a small piece of paper and put it right under the button in the battery area where there is a small metal circle. Put back battery. Check the button and then adjust the paper thickness accordingly. If it's too firm, reduce thickness. If it's still loose, increase thickness.

Hope this helps.

6. gunpowda macrumors member

Would Apple replace just the trackpad (if they did at all) or the entire top part of the case?

I ask because the edge of my Macbook is peeling off and it'd be good if they fixed that too.

7. PDE macrumors 68020

I think that on the macbooks, they have to replace the entire top case. On the MBP, they can replace the top case and/or the keyboard.

I assume you have a black macbook since it's peeling?