Button Manger for WD My Book no longer works with Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by afultz075, Nov 12, 2007.

1. afultz075 macrumors member

Ever since I installed Leopard, my 2 My Book harddrives seem to be acting weird and don't want to power down when I press their button. I remember I had to install WD Button Manager Software to get the power buttons on the harddrives to work properly so i'm thinking it's the software. Anyone else with MyBooks and Leopard having the same issue?

2. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

I have a WD mybook pro, but I have not reinstalled the software on Leopard. I will try it tonight and report back.

Edit: BTW, have you updated your drives firmware? I'm afraid to try it, their page says that It might wipe my drive if I make a mistake.

3. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

Sorry for the late reply, I tried it out last night and my button manager software is broken. Hopefully, WD will offer a fix fairly soon.

4. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

Yeah, the button manager is broken. I've reported the issue to WD, still flagged as unresolved.

No big deal for me as the drives will sleep anyway, and I won't have use for the capacity leds for serveral months. But still annoying.

5. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

My WD Book worked horrid until I nuked it, and reformatted for OSX.

It was orders of magnitude faster - and had no more errors.

I never got to use that software, it just mounts as any other external drive. When I un-mount it, the drive powers down automatically.

I'm using the FW800 interface, b.t.w.

6. afultz075 thread starter macrumors member

7. afultz075 thread starter macrumors member

8. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

I formatted mine with HFS+ when I purchased it. This is the 1st complaint I have had in almost a year. Not bad.

Sure, I can eject it, and It powers down, but I would prefer to be able to mount and unmount using the button. It was so convenient!

9. rauz macrumors newbie

rauz