Button noise!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by platinus, Feb 4, 2011.

1. platinus macrumors newbie

Hello, I use a Macbook right now and I usually talk to friends on skype or make videos on Youtube but when i type anything you here the buttons smashing, I do use a headset (Steelseries Siberia V2) and the mic is like half a meter away but it seems like it records the audio from both mics (the inbuilt and the headset). Does anyone know how to fix this??

2. platinus thread starter macrumors newbie

3. samh macrumors 6502

This could just be a function of the microrophone, which is probably omnidirectional. Turning the microphone gain down and talking louder would help some. Sit with your face a little further from the keyboard (I mean, don't make yourself uncomfortable, but if you don't ahve the greatest posture then improving it would help the situation).

If you think the headset mic & internal mic are both being used, test the theory out. Put the headset somewhere far away, and make noises near the built-in mic. See what happens.

4. samh macrumors 6502

Also, it's not great etiquette (so to speak) to bump a thread that's only a few lines from the top, after only 3 hours of being created.

5. platinus thread starter macrumors newbie

I tryed calling skype test call and putting the headset outside of the closed door, you could still hear the buttons as usuall, is it possible to prevent it from recording from the inbuilt mic?

Also, sorry for bumping, the people i was talking to was complaining! :p