Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by louis0nfire, Feb 24, 2011.
I don't NEED it now, but I would LIKE it now.
For me, I am use to being behind because I tend to keep my Apple computers for a while. So I went ahead and purchase my MBA 11" Ultimate now otherwise I will be stuck in a loop forever. Then again I don't game hardly at all and when I need real compute power I use my servers at work.
According to the rumors, they don't come out till summer! I was okay with waiting until the new MBPs came out, but after being sorely disappointed, I will wait no longer! Getting Macbook Air ASAP!
that a boy!
we dont even know for sure if there is gonna be a refresh or not...i personally doubt it but others dont. the average refresh time for the air is 365 days
If you want your MBA with sandy Bridge, then wait. But, you will get intel 3000 HD graphic with it. Enjoy playing games with that. You will be able to play, but GPU performance will be worse than 320M.
Battery life will not be likely be improved, either. Notice how all the MBP got 7 hours of battery life rating? It used to be 8-10 hours.
Apple wasn't able to stick in dedicated graphic card on 13 inch MBP, so how they are going to do that on 13 MBA or 11 MBA? Nope.
There is no guarantee MBA will come this summer.
Since MBP just got updated. I would expect iPad to be next, then move on Macbook and iMac. I don't expect MBA update until fall.
The mere fact you are asking this question means WAIT~
yes..it has been..for the old models..the new models will be refreshed much sooner....no doubt...
Disagree this rev D update was a huge one, therefore it will be at least a year before they upgrade it again.
I agree it will be quite some time until apple updates the MBA, coz notice the new sandy bridges are a bit more power hungry you don't want to get 1-2 hrs less battery life than current gen MBA.
I guess apple will wait for a while until it gets the low power sandy bridge processors, you should also wait and see the reviews of the new MBP 13 as it has the integrated intel 3000 graphics chip which might come to the new MBA so would be interesting to see how it compares to current gen MBA 320 graphics performance.
It seems like people are getting confused with MBA and MBP.
MBA isn't designed so you can run your crysis games at highest level with maximum resolutions.
MBA is designed to be light and portable.
Even if apple sticks in Core 2 Duo again with next update, they will get away with it by saying, MBA isn't MBP.
MBP is for pro users who does graphic intense applications.
MBA is a portable laptop that will fight with low end laptops and netbooks.
It's for people who need more than iPad, but needs something lighter than MBP.
I am not sure what is so difficult to understand about this...
I'd say get it now. It's really about what you need it for. Personally I use my MBA for browsing, streaming videos, and office work. The base model of 11inch MBA is sufficient enough to accomplish all of that. I think I will only upgrade if there's a significant increase in battery life.
To be fair, the Air will probably get refreshed. Apple seems to really want to push thunderbolt, it's on their MBP and it's going to be on the ipad2, and they won't wait to install it on one of their most popular products. Both the iMac and the Air will get refreshed before the end of year.
because it basically a new line of airs I believe you will see the refresh much earlier...and there has been speculation on this board...as with all opinions...time will tell
speculation is just that but you are right anything is possible, but i still doubt they would update it so soon no point, the soonest they have ever updated the air was 8 months which would put the nest update in June however i doubt they would do it then with the pending iphone 5 release and lately they have been updating the macbook in May thus thy wouldnt want to space it that close so maybe like others have said October, but i still think they would wait a little longer, figuring they update the macbook pros again around November thus saving the MPA for JAN/FEB.
I say june is a good bet...thats about 9 months from launch.
Great machine no matter when you get it.
True, if you wait for the next one, you will be waiting forever because the latest and greatest is always around the corner...
Just buy it and enjoy it
do you really want one with sandy and intel 3000?
seeing the reaction to the 13" mbp's im thinking the mba's might continue there rapid sales pace....
I say wait until june. the SB processor will allow you to run photoshop, 1080p, etc. with relative ease. the current MBA struggles with photoshop and 1080p. It is also very possible that the next update will bring thunderbolt and additional HD space.
completely irrelevant. apple will equip the MBA's with SB procs asap to keep it in line with the rest of their offerings. the MBA won't see a redesign, but a spec bump is VERY possible this summer.
Apple changed how they measure the battery life. The 8-10 hours was based on their old "wireless productivity" test combining web surfing and text editing. The new MBPs' 7 hours is based on a new, more demanding test.
I would wait until others like MacWorld do their own battery test (looping video) before making judgement.
have you used the current MPA it does not struggle what so ever with photoshop or 1080p...