Buy 13 inch rMBP now or wait til refresh

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mashinhead, May 3, 2014.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

Hey guys. I need a bit of advice. I'm looking to get a current gen 13" refurb or second hand. I don't need it right away but I've been looking for these for a bit and I would like to get one relatively soon.

I suppose the real questions is when we will see the next significant upgrade. If under 3 months or so I would wait, or even a bit longer but it would have to be a a good upgrade for that.

What do you think?

2. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    As the saying goes, if you need it now, buy it now. If not, then wait..... The current 13" rMBP only just came out in October -- six months ago -- so I seriously doubt that we'll be seeing any spec bumps for some time yet. I purchased mine at the beginning of April and am very happy with it.

3. DanGoh macrumors 6502

DanGoh

Buy 13 inch rMBP now or wait til refresh

Got my late 2013 13" in April too because I needed and wanted it. I love it. The only way I'd regret my purchase is if Apple redesigns the 2014 model. 2015, not so much.

But yea, if you can live without it or don't really want it just wait. Otherwise your gonna spend 4-5 months thinking about it when you could just get it.

4. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

The only likely update may be a small clock speed bump, not worth waiting for.

Barney

5. The Mercurian macrumors 65816

A price drop is worth waiting for however

6. unknownfps macrumors member

Wait for the next one... there might be a small spec bump for the 2014, but if it gets Broadwell processor, then there will be a significant battery life increase, ~30% more.

Apple claims the current generation has 9 hours of battery life, and some people had 11 hours max. The next generation might increase to 12 hours of battery life with 15 hours max.