Buy 13" MBP or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by arashamedani, Oct 23, 2010.

1. arashamedani macrumors member

I'm in need of a new computer since my windows PC died about a month ago, and I wasn't sure whether to buy now or wait for a refresh...

2. Surely Guest

Surely

3. rockbouncer91 macrumors newbie

I'm in the same dilemma, I'm just wondering if the next refresh is going to be significant enough to wait for it, and if it's going to happen very soon...

4. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

no matter when you buy it Apple will already be working on improvements. I bought my MBP in early 2009 and it still runs like a champ. I plan on upgrading my ram in the summer but thats it. As long as the specs meet requirements buy it now unless you're one of those people who has to have the newest possible piece of tech on the block.

5. LoganT macrumors 68020

You can always sell it for a small loss if the upgrade is worth it. That's what I have planned.

6. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

That's a hassle just wait if that is the case.

7. LoganT macrumors 68020

No, a hassle is shipping an iMac. 13" MBP can easily be shipped.

8. tejagamer macrumors member

tejagamer

Wait

I am also in the same dilemma
    I suggest you to wait until Q1 2011 as i think atleast i3/lower end i5 will be there in that refresh for MBP 13"

9. arashamedani thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I'm just wondering when the refresh will be, and how significant it will be. Are we just going to see mild processor speed bumps, or a full on refresh?

10. Surely Guest

Surely

Look at the link in my above post. Chances are, the refresh won't be until after the new year. Regarding the rest of your questions, who knows.

11. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

If I was in the market right now I would buy the 15" i5 and upgrade the RAM to 8GB. There can't be much more of a performance increase or advancement until next year. But the choice is yours.

12. rockbouncer91 macrumors newbie

there's a really nice deal that's pushing me to buy, but idk if it's worth saving the money or waiting for the refresh...

13. benledgebob macrumors member

I am in the same situation looking at the base 13 inch on amazon for £899 personally I think the next update will offer hi res display like on the MBA an option for flash storage and sandy bridge in the 15 and 17 inch whereas the 13 inch will get an i3 or i5. Though this is only what I think and the comment "the future of matchbooks" on the air gives me the thought that apple is really going to push flash storage. Still I will use the MBP as a second computer so it does not have to amazingly powerful so do you think I should get the current MBP or wait?

Ps I don't need it now but would like it ASAP :eek: