Buy 13' rMBP now or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jinyoungkim7, May 8, 2013.

1. jinyoungkim7 macrumors regular

jinyoungkim7

So I see all the threads and rumors that Apple is supposed to update their MBP line come June in WWDC. The details seem murky, however, so I just wanted to know the possible answers to my specific questions. If you guys have any idea or thoughts I'd appreciate the help. So I saw that the rMBP 13' came out in February of this year, is a new one expected to already be released at WWDC in June for the rMBP 13' too or is that just for cMBP and the 15'? Is it more than likely that the rMBP 13' will be updated by Early August? Thanks!

PS - Before anyone bashes me I already did a search on the 13' rMBP being updated June-Aug and didn't find anything substantial enough for me to weigh my decision on buying one now or in the summer.

2. Woodcrest64 macrumors 65816

Woodcrest64

What will happen to you if you wait until august?

3. jinyoungkim7 thread starter macrumors regular

jinyoungkim7

I don't mind waiting until late July - early August but if it's any later than that I won't have a laptop for school. Therefore if the new *13in* rMBP isn't released by then I'd rather just buy the current generation 13in rMBP now.

4. Mackan macrumors 65816

If Haswell dual core with normal voltage are released June 4th, yes then it might be a a good chance the 13'' rMBP will be updated. If those CPUs are not available June 4th, I guess the update will be a few months later.

5. Woodcrest64 macrumors 65816

Woodcrest64

Your signature says you have a 2010 13" Macbook Pro... do you still have that that you can use for school while you're waiting? If so I would seriously wait.

6. TT1TT macrumors newbie

TT1TT

7. Serban Suspended

8. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Wait, WWDC is a month from tomorrow. It's highly likely that the whole MBP line will be updated there.

Buy now and you'll be kicking yourself come mid-June :eek:

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You have a month, at this point its hard to argue you not to wait at this stage.

If you buy one now, you'll have a great machine, no doubt. If you wait a month you'll probably see what Apple has up its sleeve. At the very least you'll make an informed decision then get the Haswell based MBP when apple makes it available or stick with the Ivy Bridge.

You're spending a lot of money, why not put that money to the most current chipset