Buy 2 iPads on launch, And resell the one (UK)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iWoz, Mar 21, 2011.

1. iWoz macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Im thinking about picking up 2 x iPad 2's on UK launch date

1 x White 32GB iPad2 WIFI
    1 x White 16GB iPad2 WIFI

selling the base model, Anyone else considering this, and what sort of profit you're likely to make?

2. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

No, I only want one iPad

The little profit I could make would not be worth my time.

3. iWoz thread starter macrumors 6502a

iWoz

lol I might just purchase an Apple TV aswell (2nd gen)

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

[​IMG]

I'm not saying that you shouldn't or that your not allowed to, but in my opinion,

thats lame (I've always disliked people trying to make a quick buck)

5. iWoz thread starter macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Making money for nothing, Pretty good if you ask me!

6. RossMacca macrumors regular

Yea, but that's the reason that they're in such short supply, people trying to make money out of it. It should be one person as far as I'm concerned.

7. macsolo macrumors newbie

+1

the person who buys your 2nd iPad probably tried buying one from a shop only to find there ain't any because, lo & behold people are buying more than they require.
    Your enterprise is commendable but potentially your kinda screwing over some of us on Macrumours. Advertising your astute business savvy on here is lame.

8. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

I honestly dont get people getting so bitchy about this.. who the hell cares? stop crying about it.

You say you dont like people making a quick buck.. but isnt that what everyone who has some sort of business does? they buy there stock at super low prices then sell them to get a profit.. its the same thing.. sort of.

Its down to the people prepared to buy the iPad at a higher price really.. if they are willing to do that then why do you guys care? they have the money they want to do that then its fine...

So you cant really complain to someone who buys 2 then sells one...if there are people out there willing to pay a higher price to get something thats already high in demand..

9. goMac macrumors 603

Apple has started restricting to one iPad per person, and they are starting to check IDs.

10. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

lol :rolleyes:

11. goMac macrumors 603

It seems to be store by store. Here in Portland they are restricting to 1, but I know at Alderwood in Seattle you could still get 2 this weekend.

I've heard that the orders are making their way down from Apple corporate to the different stores.

12. iWoz thread starter macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

+1 to that sir

I've not done it before, but might get the extra one, And if it doesn't go for much of a profit then oh well

13. UniqueScotsman macrumors newbie

GOOD IDEA.

but be careful incase there isnt a shortfall then you will have trouble selling it, and most people want that 12 months guarantee which you will sue up from day 1. good idea but do be careful, buy from a retailer who would give a full refund if it doesnt sell.

14. iWoz thread starter macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Like Apple! Especially if it's sealed! :)