Buy 3GS now or wait till next gen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mossme89, May 24, 2010.

  1. mossme89 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2009
    #1
    So, i'm trying to upgrade from my current 3G iphone to a faster iphone. I use my iphone as my main internet device (i have my laptop, but most often use the web on my iphone). The 3G is almost unbearable when it comes to things like web browsing. It's SOOO slow, especially compared to the 3GS.

    I'm trying to decide whether to get the 3GS now, or wait until the next gen iphone. The 3GS is pretty dang fast, so much more than my 3G. But the next gen iphone might have that cortex A8 processor and more ram. If that's the case, do you think we might see ipad like speeds on the next iphone. Worth waiting for? what do you guys think?
     
  2. Pez555 macrumors 68000

    Pez555

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2010
    #2
    wait just a few more weeks until the next one comes out.....
     
  3. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2010
  4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

    eawmp1

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2008
    Location:
    FL
    #8
    Good god - you can't wait and see in a month!!!!
     
  5. 7000user macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Location:
    The Netherlands
    #9
    You can handle 2 more weeks on your current iphone right? Just wait and see what has changed. Even if it would be a minor update it would be worth the wait since ur going to be stuck with it for at least 1 year.. or 2?
     
  6. mossme89 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2009
    #10
    i'd actually be getting it off ebay, so no new contract.
     
  7. -aggie- macrumors P6

    -aggie-

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2009
    Location:
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    #11
    It’s iPhonitis. The brain is severely affected, specifically those areas dealing with cognition and decision-making.
     
  8. mossme89 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2009
    #12
    haha yeah. i might wait. i just hope i don't smash my 3G before then!
     
  9. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

    Blueline29

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2009
    Location:
    Windermere, FL
    #13
    Just wait. It may seem like a long time, but it'll be worth it.
     
  10. Geckotek macrumors G3

    Geckotek

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2008
    Location:
    NYC
    #14
    I bought a 3Gs on launch day last year. Few weeks later I left it in a NYC cab. For almost 2 years now, I've had the 3G (decided it would be irresponsible to buy another 3Gs...even if I could afford it.)

    So yeah, I REALLY feel your pain. It's worse to have had a 3Gs and lost it. (Unlike love ;))
     
  11. iPhone3Gusr macrumors member

    iPhone3Gusr

    Joined:
    May 22, 2010
    Location:
    Idaho
    #15
    I would personally wait. I am upgrade eligible from my 3G as well and I have decided to wait to see what comes out in June.
     
  12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

    ucfgrad93

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Location:
    Colorado
    #16
    If you buy now, you'll only be back here trying to figure out how to get Apple or at&t to take it back and give you the newer one without having to pay the ETF, restocking fee, unsubsidized price, etc.
     
  13. Mystikal macrumors 68020

    Mystikal

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2007
    Location:
    Irvine, CA
    #17
    The announcement is in 14 days. 2 weeks from today. Obviously wait.
     
  14. F123D macrumors 68040

    F123D

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2008
    Location:
    Del Mar, CA
  15. elephunkman macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2010
    Location:
    Boston
    #19

    I agree with this guy.
     
  16. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

    UngratefulNinja

    Joined:
    May 9, 2009
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    #20
    I'm speaking as the person who bought a 3g on May 19th last year- WAIT :) You'll be glad you did.
     
  17. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

    TheAppleGeek

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2010
    Location:
    St. Louis
    #21
    +1
     

Share This Page