Buy a 27" iMac now or wait?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by nutritious, Feb 11, 2011.

1. nutritious macrumors 6502

Should I buy an iMac now or should I wait for the updates? Other than sandybridge (which is a minor upgrade in speed), would there be anything worthwhile to wait for? I don't game so I do not care about the GPU.

2. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Buy now. I just did. Getting mine tomorrow.

No major overhaul is expected. Spec bumps only.

The refurb store is the best deal going right now. A little over $1200 for the base 27". $1899 for the i7 quad.

3. bassanoclapper macrumors 6502

bassanoclapper

Depends if it's a 'need' or just a 'want' at this point.
    If you're after a good deal and aren't concerned about a likely refresh soon, then I'd echo the suggestion of the Refurb Store

4. imacky macrumors newbie

Totally up to you! But if you already have a PC that does most of the task, then it is better to bid your time. :)

I got mine few weeks ago, I don't regret if the newer model will be out -- as the current iMac is a beast. :D

5. theking79 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I would wait, I think you might regret not waiting when they refresh the iMacs.

I did it with my MBP, I bought one because I didn't want to wait, new one came out a month later and I regretted buying one before the refresh.

6. nutritious thread starter macrumors 6502

7. elgrecomac, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011

elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

We jsut bought one

Quite frankly, waiting for the improvements/more power will have little impact on your quality of life. These are robust computers coupled with a robust OS.
    Buy one now and be happy. And Know that in 6 months Apple will make you feel inadequate with a new release.

8. scottdot macrumors member

scottdot

Well that was easy then? Why ask in starting a new thread if it seems your mind was already made up? Oh well...

9. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

woah! that was kinda fast... in just 2 hours you made up your mind; not just that, you went for the PRO!
    were you on the verge of pressing the BUY button on the Apple Store webpage when you opened this thread?

10. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Didn't even get a chance to argue iMac versus Mac Pro!

11. bo-waleed macrumors 6502

i don't think so.

if you just put out the 'should i buy imac now or wait' from your mind you will be happy and you will not regret.

i have 2 years MBP and i will wait for the new imac update.