Buy a 5S now and wait for the 6S+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JPage, Nov 10, 2014.

1. JPage macrumors newbie

So, my iPhone 4 is on his last days, and upgrade is really needed.

My main problem is all about S model:

Should I get the iPhone 5S now and wait till next year's iPhone 6S+?

I won't take a chance with the 6/6+ because the bend gates, little speed improvements and the most important, 1gb ram. Thus, it's 250€ more expensive than the deal that was offered me.

What do you guys think about? Am I thinking right?

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Buy cheap used 4S or 5.

3. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Buy the phone that best meets your needs at the price you're willing to pay.

Just be sure you're assessing the reality of claimed problems vs. the hype you tend to find online. Look at threads around the time of each phone release; seems that every model has some sort of something-gate hysteria that people get worked up over and then it all quiets down.

5. Pelea macrumors 6502

i went from a 4 to a 5s and loved everything about it (the battery kinda does suck now though after 1 year of usage) and tbh you won't even notice a difference between the 5s and the 6 unless you want a bigger phone

6. JPage thread starter macrumors newbie

Buying an iPhone 4S right now isn't the smartest idea, my 4 performs similar.
    The 6+ lags, is a fact. I won't spend 800€ in a phone that flows poorly or worse than iPhone 5S.

7. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

I bought the first iphone then waited for the 3g. Then I waited for the 3gs. Then I waited for the 4. Then I waited for the 4s. Then I waited for the 5. Then I waited for the 5s. Then I waited for the 6+. Now I wait for the 6+s. I fail to see an issue here?

----------

Really? Fact? Mine doesn't lag at all. Seems your facts aren't facts at all.

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Apple claims that the 4s has 2x the processing power and 7x the GPU power of the 4. It is still a decent phone if you can find one for cheap.

Anyway, In your situation I'd go for the 5s.

9. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

I haven't experience that on mine, but I'm sure you'd know much more about it than me. I've only been using one everyday for about the last 3 months.

10. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

There is never a good time to buy something like a phone. The iPhone 6/6 Plus just came out. Just get one of those

11. JPage thread starter macrumors newbie

So, what's your opinion? Should I get the 6+? Isn't the ram an issue?

12. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

So you post things like lag as fact now you want my opinion? Not sure I understand your question about ram being an issue. The only issue is that there can always be more, but no iphone has more ram at the moment so again, I fail to understand why 1GB on the 6+ would be different than on the 5s or the 6... If you want a 5.5" iphone then you should get the 6+... I am so used to it now that when I look at my wife's 6 it looks tiny :eek:

13. JPage thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't understand why you took my post as a personal offense. I've been reading many threads on this forum, trying to reach a valid answer. If you are an user like me, you know that I wrote before is been described by some iPhone 6+ owners. I shouldn't generalised, I know, but apparently it's an issue.
    I appreciate your opinion, though.

14. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

I have no lag on my phone, if I did I would return it.

15. deeddawg macrumors 604

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg528/MoPoCo/SodaHead/laughing_zps9c6329c8.gif

A valid answer based on MacRumors forum threads? ?? ???
    [​IMG]

Seriously though -- people who experience an issue often hype it up (often while omitting important details) and most people who don't have an issue don't bother posting their satisfaction. Since you can rarely get a full sense of a person's uses of the device it's impossible to truly forecast what you'll experience based on claimed reports. In the end you'll see some saying "A is true" and some saying "A is false" and you're just going to have to try it for yourself.

With that said, look at the sites like arstechnica or anandtech or other quality blogs to see what their reviews and followups show. That information is more likely to reflect the typical user's experience than forming an assessment based on posts on MR where you can't know the true motivation of those posting.

16. Gincoma macrumors 6502

Wait for the "S" series, Im using my 5s right now till the 6s plus comes out next year hopefully with slight performance upgrades such a 2gb of ram like my new iPad Air 2 has, even though 1gb of ram has not given me any problems :)

17. 617aircav Suspended

But the 5s now and sell it when and if you want the 6s.

18. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

You already said you won't consider the 6/6+ because of bending. What more is there to say? Buy the 5S and be happy with it. It's still a great phone. Or get a 6/6+ and enjoy that, because they're also great phones.

No phone is totally perfect, and people perceive issues differently. Some people absolutely cannot accept lag on their phones, so any amount of it is a big deal to them. Others don't even notice. I've had the 6+ since the Monday after launch and haven't been bothered by whatever lag there is. The 1 GB of RAM seems fine. But then I upgrade every year so if you want a phone that will last you many years, the 6S could be better IF Apple decides to up the RAM on it. But they may not choose to, so you'll be taking a gamble.

19. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Amazing how people can make performance comment when they don't even own a device. My 6+ has no lag at all. Even if it did, it would still be much much much much much much much faster than the 4 that you are currently using.

20. JPage thread starter macrumors newbie

Based on your feedback, I think I'll go with a 6+.
    Since I don't have a tablet, a phablet suits me very well. I travel everyday about 2 hours to college and I use the train, so bigger screen for me is welcome. How is your experience reading articles and watching series in 6+?

21. Delmar macrumors 6502

22. RafixPhoenix macrumors regular

Doesn't really make sense buying a new phone 2 years in a row.