Buy a iPhone 4 or wait for the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iekozz, Aug 4, 2011.

  1. iekozz macrumors member

    Nov 9, 2009
    Hello all,

    A few weeks ago, the dutch T-Mobile offered to disband my contract with them because of the bad reception where I live. (Acknowledged by three separate network specialists).

    I was offer a 50% discount for 6 months, or to disband my contract. I've had the discount a while back when the promised a better signal but it has bin almost 1 1/2 year since then and no better signal.
    They said I could keep my iPhone 4 if I paid 430 euros to them. ($606) or I could send my iPhone 4 to them and they would refund the orginal funds I paid to get it. ($125).

    I now have a D60 that I use while I decide what to do. Do you recommend that I wait for the new iPhone 5 or buy a new iPhone 4 on contract?

    As you may be aware, this month, all prices wil go up at all providers here since netneutraility has become law.

    Thanks alot!
  2. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a


    Jun 9, 2009
    Wait until you can compare the 2 side by side if you can. If you can't the 4 is perfectly good as you know.
  3. Reach9 macrumors 68020


    Aug 17, 2010
    In America
    If you want to do the smart thing, then i recommend waiting. It doesn't make sense to buy the iPhone 4 now.
  4. Orlandu macrumors 6502


    Oct 5, 2010
    It's really up to you. If you can use the older phone until October, then wait and get the iPhone 5. It will be newer and better. But if you don't want to be stuck with that phone, get an iPhone 4 now. It's still an amazing phone and is worth it. In your situation, I would probably buy an iPhone 4. But that's me, I can't go without my phone and apps for more than a day without withdrawals.
  5. iekozz thread starter macrumors member

    Nov 9, 2009
    Thanks for all the replays so far :). I think i'll be waiting for the iPhone 5 then. I already notice that I want to perform little iphone tricks on the samsung :p
  6. twitt3r macrumors 6502

    Apr 13, 2009
    iekozz, you knew all along that you wanted to wait for an iPhone 5. Clearly you just wanted people to tell you what you wanted to know.
  7. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a


    Mar 25, 2009
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Can you pick up a 3Gs off contract to bridge the game between now and when the iP5 comes out? Then just sell it when you get your hands on your new iPhone.
  8. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020


    May 14, 2011
    Better wait, no need to buy a 1+ year old phone now. Waitfor this next one which will be better.
  9. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502


    Jun 29, 2010
    Miami, FL
  10. The Game 161 macrumors P6

    The Game 161

    Dec 15, 2010
    I will not be switching from the 4 to the 5 but if you have the choice to switch if you can then you wait

    My contract doesn't end til next dec so I will wait for the 6. Got a wedding to pay for next august
  11. Paradoxpm macrumors member

    Jun 15, 2011
    Do NOT get an iPhone 4 now. You will regret it in just a couple of weeks.
  12. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030


    Jun 23, 2010
    I would wait as its not that longba wait.

    Even if you decide you don't want the iPhone 5 the iPhone 4 will gob down in price when the new one is released.
  13. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

    moldy lunchbox

    Sep 9, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    Wait. You'd be silly to buy one right now. It's almost the second week of August and it'll most likely be announced in September, my god.
    Even if I had NO PHONE, i could last till then.
  14. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

    Nov 18, 2007
    I'm in the same boat. I'm due for an upgrade and my BB is on it's last legs. I don't know if I want to wait for the new iPhone 5, because if it will have more of a iPod touch look I'd rather prefer the 4. I like the way the 4 looks.

  15. ann713 macrumors 65816

    Nov 30, 2008
    Why don't you wait until the iPhone 5 is released? This way, you can compare them both, specification-wise and physically. You can probably purchase a iPhone 4 for cheaper than the iPhone 5, if you decide to go with the former by then. I say wait, you really have nothing to lose and the ball will be in your park.

Share This Page