Buy a mac for college and get a free ipod touch.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by will eth, Apr 21, 2011.

1. will eth macrumors member

I was just wondering, i am going to purchase a 13" MBP in the next month. Will the offer "Buy a mac for college and get a free ipod touch" be here by then??
    Thanks Will.

2. simsaladimbamba

Yes, that offer normally starts in May, as far as I have gathered.

3. will eth thread starter macrumors member

4. iMackPro macrumors 6502

5. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Historically it has started about the last week of May and runs through the end of August/ beginning of September.

6. sauer228 macrumors member

We bought our MBP on the first day of the promotion last year which was the last Tuesday of May. I'd bet it'll be May 24th this year.

7. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I thought this promotion was discontinued after 2010...?

If not, I will gladly delay my MacBook Pro purchase until the deal is on...I can sell the iPod touch for more than the regular $100 discount for students that Apple is now offering.

Edit: Found the link: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/campaigns/back_to_school

8. Fugue macrumors 6502

I think the link means it's not available for now...

I'm also waiting for the promotion.

9. vomer macrumors member

hi guys,

i am hearing mixed ideas on this promo. I too am ready to buy my 13" mbp but wanna hold out if this promo will be on. Anyone else have input?

10. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Just wait for the announcement. It'll be like a rebate...so patience is a virtue :D

11. davmcn macrumors regular

I asked at the Apple Store a few weeks ago about the sale, and she said it started during the summer, and it would be on this year.

12. vomer macrumors member

nice! that is some great news :)

The way I see it is that if I have to buy a laptop, I might as well get the free iPod and count the value towards the laptop savings! :)

The only sad part is waiting for another month to lay my hands on my mac!! :D Maybe lion will be out by them too :p

13. davmcn macrumors regular

My plan is to buy the 2.2Ghz Quad w/ 4GB, get the free iTouch, sell it. Then buy one of those really sexy bags they sell with the extra money from the iPod Touch.

14. vomer macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8H7)

I plan on getting the basic i5 model and yes selling the ipod for some nice accessories :)

If lion ships by then it will an added bonus!