Buy a Mac, get a free iPod - never received check

Discussion in 'iPod' started by lockdown571, Sep 11, 2007.

1. lockdown571 macrumors newbie

I bought a SR Macbook Pro back in June and participated in the Buy a Mac, get a free iPod program. I received the initial email confirmation after I filled out the online part, and then I mailed the upc's (along with everything else I was suppose to send). Now it's been over two months, and apple apparently did not get the upc's. I've check the status online and over the phone and I get the "Based on the search criteria entered, we are currently unable to provide an updated status of your rebate claim..." blah blah blah.

So am I basically screwed? While I have an extra copy of the Macbook Pro upc, I do not have an extra copy of the iPod upc. Is there anything I can do?

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

You did photocopy all of the materials before sending, didn't you?

3. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I'm in a similar situation but they have my upc (I think). The only difference is mine is the 'Perfect Companion' promotion. I did not photocopy but I do have a photo of what I sent in. I've called, got transferred to rebate center but I can't reach a live person.

4. lockdown571 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, unfortunately, I do not have a photocopy of the ipod UPC, but I do have one of the Macbook Pro. I do, though, have the serial and part number of the iPod. I guess the only explanation would be that the package got lost in the mail. Although I don't think I've ever had something get lost in the mail. I guess I was banking on that fact when I decided not to photocopy the iPod upc. This whole situation seems sketchy at best, and I suppose what a really need to do is talk to a physical Apple support person, although I don't quite know how to talk to one.

5. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Reading Apple's Rebate policy, they're not responsible for damaged, lost mail and blah blah.

Should I just email SJ? :D:apple: