Buy a mac mini now or later?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by iGlickster, Sep 13, 2008.

  1. iGlickster macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2008
    #1
    I am debating whether to buy the mac mini now or wait for the next update to it? The only fear is that the mac mini gets dropped buy apple for something new. Your thoughts please.
     
  2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

    Eidorian

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2005
    Location:
    Indianapolis
    #2
    It doesn't seem like you have an immediate need for a new computer. You'd be better off holding out for an update.
     
  3. sushi Moderator emeritus

    sushi

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2002
    Location:
    キャンプスワ&#
    #3
    I suggest that you don't buy until you need to.

    Anyhow, if Apple discontinues the Mac Mini line, you can always purchase one before the stock of the current line is used up.
     
  4. iGlickster thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2008
    #4
    well, right now I am using my laptop on my 22" LCD monitor and It bugs me undoing the VGA cords every time.
     
  5. sushi Moderator emeritus

    sushi

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2002
    Location:
    キャンプスワ&#
    #5
    Well, then go buy a Mac Mini then. :confused:
     
  6. JasonH87 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2008
    #6
    I'm in a similar position. I don't have that much money and decided to get a Mac Mini now instead of saving more to get an iMac. I just can't wait, I hate Windows! I figured I'll just start saving again after I buy the Mac Mini and I should have enough money for a brand new iMac when the next gen comes out. Flawless plan? Probably not..
     
  7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

    Eidorian

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2005
    Location:
    Indianapolis
    #7
    That's not buying a new computer level annoyance for me. I don't know what your tolerance levels are though.
     

Share This Page