Buy a MacBook Air in the States

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by roberto11, Jun 22, 2013.

1. roberto11 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am going to the States in a couple of weeks time and I'd like to buy a new macbook air. The problem is that I want an upgraded version of the 13", with an i7processor and 8gigs of RAM.

Do you know if Apple stores usually keep upgraded versions of the macbook? Or there is a way to order a macbook air from Europe and then collect it once I'll be there? (I think the Apple store requires a US address to actually pay for one).

Any idea is appreciated! :)

Thanks,
    Roberto

2. Jacquesvw macrumors regular

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Many Apple Stores will stock what is called the "ultimate" version that has the i7 and is maxed on RAM and SSD size.

4. apex93wildcat macrumors newbie

Apple stores carry the 13.3 inch with 512gb SSD, 8gb, i7. Or you can order online and ship to store.

5. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

you will also have to pay US state taxes so hopefully you are visiting a tax less state or you can drive to a tax less state (like delaware) :)

6. roberto11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I might just drop in a store and ask for the ultimate version of it.

Regarding taxes I will be in NYC, Washington DC and Virgina. I guess Virginia is the less expensive one regarding taxes on items like that, right?