Buy a MacBook for a cheap price?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ThatsMeRight, Mar 27, 2010.

1. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Hello,

Finally, I'm considering to buy a MacBook. Probably by the end of this year (first the iPad, haha). I have had a really good experience with the iPod and the iPhone so I decided to buy an iPad, and I'm finally considering to buy a MacBook. I want to use it as my general computer for web browsing and typing documents and stuff (and maybe, just maybe, start programming iPhone/iPad apps - but that's something for later). So it should have a bit of power, but I am NOT planning to play games on the thing (I've got multiple consoles for that). And the MacBook should have plenty of space, of course (music, movies etc.).

Now the thing is that a Mac(Book) is really expensive. Sure, it's Apple with it's amazing software but it's still pretty expensive for someone who has never used a Mac. So I am pretty new with Macs and buying computers online, so I need some help. It has probably been answered already on this forum, so sorry for that.

I do not live in the USA, I live in the Netherlands (Western-Europe) so prices are a bit different. I was thinking about buying a MacBook (899 EUR) but even though that isn't as much as it used to be, it's still pretty expensive. So what about a refurbished model? I can live with it, as long as it works without problems and as long as it has garantuee (so if it's broken, I can still replace it for free). Now I've heard refurbished models can _sometimes_ save you up to hundreds of dollars. If that is so, it would be really really nice.

So, I need help and advice.

Thanks!

2. segers909 macrumors regular

I'm from Belgium, so I know what you mean. I got my MBP from England, refurbished. i payed 1200 euro instead of 1700. Only problem is that they only ship refurbished items, so you have to know somebody who lives there and that you can thrust.
    Warranty isn't a problem either - I already got a new battery from the local apple reseller. And if this is too much trouble for you, you can always buy one second hand. But be sure to wait for the new ones, 'cause it will lower the prices of the old ones! :)