Buy a macbook pro 13" now or wait, and more..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SasukeJ, Sep 6, 2009.

  1. SasukeJ macrumors newbie

    Sep 6, 2009
    Hello, my douts are this:

    First I'm thinking of buying the low version of MPB 13 2.26 I think there's not much difference with the 2.53 and I can buy RAM and a HDD and put it.
    Any sugestion of what model of RAM and HDD buy?

    Next thing I wanna now is if snow leopard come with the laptop if I buy it now or will come with the previous version.

    Another thing is if it's now a good time to buy it because I can get a ipod cheap and sell it, or there's better days to buy with another offerts.

    And last if there's a prevision of any upgrade in the MBP 13 on hardware to wait for it..

    thats all srry for my english I'm spanish ;-)
    Thanks people waiting for answers.
  2. Mr. Monsieur macrumors 6502

    Apr 21, 2004

    That's the one I just bought...I just don't think the next step up is worth the extra money...

    I'd get RAM from (though personally I'd wait until the 4GB sticks come down in price...2GB of RAM should be plenty for most of what you need to do)
    As for the HDD...this is the one I'm looking at:


    If you don't want 500GB (or 7200 rpm), I'd go with the 320GB Hitachi Travelstar, which is about half the price...

    As for Snow should get it either preloaded or (more likely) included in the box, so you can upgrade yourself...

    I think the iPod deal is hard to beat...also, call Apple and ask about their printer should be able to get a free printer, as well...

    As regards new hardware...people are expecting new hardware for the MBP early next year...I imagine they'll add quad cores to the line...but my gut feeling is that they won't add quad cores to the cheapest models...they'll simply give the duo cores speed bumps...

    Now's a great time to buy...I did!
  3. SasukeJ thread starter macrumors newbie

    Sep 6, 2009
    well I will buy it tomorrow, there's any promotional code working for the MBP 13?

  4. Tavelon macrumors newbie

    Aug 11, 2009
    While I'm not the best for answering you first question, I do know the other part 1st hand.

    Yes, you will get an upgrade (or at this point it will come with it automatically) to Snow leopard. If it's the upgrade it will cost 10 dollars, but it's not too bad considering.

    And keep the ipod touch. (I'm assuming that's the deal you're referring to) It's really awesome. Or as they say, "The 'Funnest' iPod. Ever."
  5. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

    Jan 31, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Buy it today because you wont get an ipod tomorrow
  6. farmermac macrumors 6502a

    Jul 23, 2009

    just bought the same MacBook you're looking at.

    Remember that you void the warranty on a mbp if you upgrade the hdd. I let apple boost that to keep AppleCare. Ram you can do yourself no issues
  7. LAS.mac macrumors 6502

    May 6, 2009
    Next days with Apple offer should be Black Friday. During those days you'd save something like 150 USD. And, if you wait you could take advantage of some (minor, probably) upgrades at the beginning of october.
    Said that, if you buy MBP today it comes with Snow leopard pre-installed. Or at least that were they selling in London last Friday.

Share This Page