buy a MacBook today?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chukwithak, Sep 29, 2008.

  1. chukwithak macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Location:
    Sacramento, CA
    #1
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

    if I did, and apple did release the updated versions, within what time purchase would it need to be to take the old one back and exchange / upgrade to the updated computer? 14 days?
     
  2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

    Drumjim85

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2007
    Location:
    DFW, TX
    #2
    you have 14 days to return it. If you open it you'll have to pay a %10 restocking fee. If it's BTO you can't return it.
     
  3. chukwithak thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Location:
    Sacramento, CA
    #3
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

    bto = been tuned on?
     
  4. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

    Drumjim85

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2007
    Location:
    DFW, TX
    #4
    haha, clever, but no.
    Build To Order
    It has to be one of their stock machines.
     
  5. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2006
  6. Vulcan macrumors 65816

    Vulcan

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #6
    If you can wait, wait, otherwise you'll be losing $100 if you think the new MB's are worth it, assuming they are actually released.
     
  7. baz1860 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2006
    Location:
    Scotland
    #7
    If they bump the range, is there likely to be a price hike to go with it?

    I've got enough saved to buy the White MacBook w. Superdrive just now, don't really want to wait the two weeks and find out that they've bumped the spec's and added a few quid to the cost as well...
     

Share This Page