Buy A MBP now or later

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by trevorplease, Jun 10, 2009.

1. trevorplease macrumors regular

Let me tell you a little about my concern: I have a external harddrive set to NTFS that I'm using with Vista. I want to be able to have full compatibility with my MBP meaning both read and write. As of now I understand that I can get NTFS3G for this.

I'm wondering if Snow Leopard is going to eliminate the need for me to tamper with NTFS3G since I'm a little computer illiterate. Also, is there any reason for me to believe that there will be a minor speed bump or update between now and September, right after the big line-up change?

2. trevorplease thread starter macrumors regular

Noob-self bump.
    Can anyone help me?
    I'm really looking to get one before the education discount is over.

3. relativist macrumors regular

IF your waiting on Snow Leopard, then buy it now, SL will only cost $29 for Leopard owners. I do not know if it will solve your problem though, you might want to get one-to-one and ask apple to help you with it.

4. Tyns078 macrumors newbie

I believe SL will only cost you $10 if you purchase a mac on or after June 8, 2009.

5. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

You are correct.

I also agree with relativist. If your education discount will expire before Snow Leopard comes out, I would just buy the MacBook Pro now while you can.

No one really has any knowledge of when products will be released or upgraded, so we can't really answer you about a speed bump before September. Since they just upgraded all across the board on Monday, I doubt that they would upgrade anytime before September.

6. LERsince1991 macrumors 65816