Buy a MBP now or wait for a few days?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MXM, Jun 8, 2009.

  1. MXM macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 23, 2009
    #1
    I'm really tempted to buy a MBP now, but since I'm new to Mac, do you think I should wait for a few days as the new models have just been announced today? My only concern is whether the new model is stable... Thanks!
     
  2. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2009
    Location:
    Bronx,Ny
    #2
    You should buy , All they did was lower the price { thank you apple } and updated the speed , Am ordering mines this week , You should be ok
     
  3. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #3
    Buy now. There's only a processor bump so there shouldn't be problems. It's basically the same old machine with slightly more power and no new GPU so shouldn't be problems with that either.

    Problems with being stable isn't going to noticed in few days do buy now or wait a few weeks if you're afraid but you shouldn't
     
  4. madoka macrumors 6502

    madoka

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2002
    #4
    I disagree. You should wait for Amazon to carry them assuming you do not have to pay tax.
     
  5. Socalieric007 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 21, 2009
    #5
    Does Amazon usually carry the same price as the Apple store?
     
  6. madoka macrumors 6502

    madoka

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2002
    #6
    It's usually about $5-$150 cheaper than the Apple store defending on if they have rebates.
     

Share This Page