Buy a MBP now or wait for next year's model?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by andreszb, Nov 7, 2011.

  1. andreszb macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2011
    #1
    Hello. I am getting a new computer soon and I have always wanted a Macbook. Currently I use a 2008 Toshiba (2gb. RAM, Windows 7 32bits, 140gb. HDD, Intel Celeron 2.16 ghz.). I really need a new computer because my Toshiba's battery lasts 30 mins. top and I only have 3gbs of free memory on the hard drive. I have been waiting since summer for the rumored redesigned MBP which I thought would be released by the end of the year but now that Apple has updated the MBPs, I'm not sure if I should wait another 6 months for the redesigned one of if I should buy it now. What would you do?:apple:
     
  2. Fynd macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2010
    #2
    Do it now, thats What i did :). Perfect time as they were just refreshed, and any of them will smoke your old machine. If a new redesign comes out, apples hold resale value like little else. You'd take minimal loss selling your mbp towards a new one, if the update is even that compelling.
     

Share This Page