Buy a MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lbjandai, Mar 30, 2008.

  1. lbjandai macrumors member

    Jan 8, 2007
    If I order a MBP through my school before the end of April, it can be delivered to me directly when I'm there on june 10th when I go for summer welcome. However, June is also the month that there are rumors there will be a small upgrade to the macs.

    So, should I just hold off and wait till the upgrade in June, and then buy THAT through the school (if possible), or just go ahead and buy through the school before the end of april? It is hard for me to justify getting a computer at summer welcome in june, maybe days or weeks before a new upgrade...

    Any suggestions?

    EDIT: added these links for some clarification:
  2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Aug 13, 2006
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    Hold off for an update that we don't know will happen?

    Buy now and be happy.
  3. Deadaim357 macrumors member


    Feb 15, 2008
    Yeah what Tallest said. Just buy now and enjoy your MBP. There might be an update there might not.
  4. mox123 macrumors 6502

    Jul 18, 2007
    u may hold off though till the Free iPod kick-starts around June!
  5. lbjandai thread starter macrumors member

    Jan 8, 2007
    thanks guys. Thats all i really needed to hear after waiting for a MBP for 4 years haha.

    But... just in case... any other schools of thought?
  6. lbjandai thread starter macrumors member

    Jan 8, 2007
    although a nice add on, i have an ipod already and an iphone, so i'm probably ok without the free ipod.
  7. alphaod macrumors Core


    Feb 9, 2008
    But it's free! You can sell it and recuperate the cost of the computer!
  8. lbjandai thread starter macrumors member

    Jan 8, 2007
    well, if in june, that is available, then maybe i will be getting the free ipod.
  9. bcaslis macrumors 68020

    Mar 11, 2008
    Why do think there will be update in June? Given that they were updated in February it seems unlikely. Usually there is at least 6 months between updates, more often usually 8 months or more.
  10. lbjandai thread starter macrumors member

    Jan 8, 2007
  11. alxths macrumors 6502

    Apr 3, 2003
    I don't really understand the benefit of you ordering now... you'll still have to wait a month and a half to get it? Normally I agree with the sage wisdom of 'if you want it now, buy it!' but it sounds like you may as well wait till June since you won't be using it till then anyways.
  12. lbjandai thread starter macrumors member

    Jan 8, 2007
    sounds like we are getting a case re-design and new processors in june, would that be accurate?
  13. thinkband macrumors regular

    Dec 22, 2007
    Where did you get that from?

    Remember last year when people said new Macbook Pros San Fran? What happened in January? Nothing.

    My bet is that new macbook pros come out in january or possibly September at the earliest. Apple just released the laptop line, and I really think you should just buy now, and if an update happens, you can look at it and realize it was not that significant, sort of like the people who waited for the last update.

    I would buy a laptop now if I needed it, but I do not need one until September, so I'll just wait until then and maybe get a free ipod.

    This issue comes up everyday and obviously no one has an answer. Do what feels best. If you do not need one for a while, wait it out, but once you need a mbp, just buy it and enjoy it. You're going to sell it in two years probably anyways.
  14. lbjandai thread starter macrumors member

    Jan 8, 2007
  15. thinkband macrumors regular

    Dec 22, 2007
    Well yes I know that is your source of information. But afterall, it is a rumor.

    Heck, everyone thought that we would see design changes or an update at Macworld San Fran, but it turned out to be nothing.

    Of course, someday, probably the next revision, apple will change the design of the mbp, but nothing too dramatic most likely. If you want to wait the next eight months out, then go for it. But I strongly doubt something is going to pop out in June, it is far too close to the last update which was in mid Febrary.

Share This Page