Buy a Mini before it Dies??

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by MAC1988, Jun 7, 2007.

  1. MAC1988 macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 29, 2007
    Location:
    RI
    #1
    Well im going to most likely be gettin a new mac pro after WWDC incase of any sudden updates but since im left with no MAC till then and the rumor is the mini is meeting the end would it be best to go buy one this weekend prior to WWDC?

    If they do upgrade the mini i could just take it back and return it within 14 days, I really think that if they don't announce anything about the mini at WWDC then its officialy meeting its grave, so would it be a bad move to buy it this morning as soon as they open?
     
  2. iW00t macrumors 68040

    iW00t

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Location:
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    #2
    Maybe they will update it as Macworld (Paris) and wow us with Santa Rosa, it is hard to say...

    The Mini will really benefit from a GPU.
     
  3. MAC1988 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 29, 2007
    Location:
    RI
    #3
    Exactly they need to update all their graphics line its sad i need to buy a mac pro when i dont have use for it at all, but i do want the 512mb to take advantges of all these games i have, besides that i just can't see myself buying a computer that i can't upgrade, If they up the Mac pro with 2gb of Mem and 512 I would be extremely happy, anyways thats what im hoping for but i still don't know what to do im going crazy without a mac should i just go buy the damn thing if they release updates do you guys really think they apple store would give me problems for returning it 5 days later?
     
  4. munckee macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2005
    #4
    You're planning to get a mac pro right after WWDC? Do you really need a mini to get you from today till monday?
     
  5. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

    Spanky Deluxe

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2005
    Location:
    London, UK
    #5
    Agreed. Unless you're planning on using a mini for other purposes afterwards? I'd really say that purchasing a mini right now is a bad idea. There's still a slim chance they'll get updated at WWDC and even if they are discontinued, they'll be going for less money on the Refurb store.
     
  6. gkarris macrumors 604

    gkarris

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2004
    Location:
    "No escape from Reality..."
    #6
    Take a long weekend and enjoy the weather, hang out at the Apple Store, borrow a friend's Mac... wait until Monday...:cool:
     
  7. MAC1988 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 29, 2007
    Location:
    RI
    #7
    Well i actually figured i would wait to get the Mac pro in October with Leopard comes out that way by then i can have enough to get the 30" cinema display, and till then rep the mini with 2gb of ram and get a superdrive ill be fine till october i think, and if Steve announce a mini update i have 2 weeks to return it.
     
  8. munckee macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2005
    #8
    Makes a lot more sense now :D

    Still seems silly to buy now rather than simply waiting until monday though.
     
  9. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2005
    #9
    Yeah, wait until WWDC. Even if it is discontinued, if you buy it within a day or two of it being removed from the online Apple Store, you'll still be able to find it at Apple Retail Stores and resellers. You might get a nice discount, too. Even if you wait longer after they're discontinued, you'll find them in the refurb store for a pretty long time.
     

Share This Page