Buy a MPB now is a big mistake??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by paolovol, Feb 24, 2008.

1. paolovol macrumors newbie

HI. I'm an italian student. I have to buy a MBP, but I need it during the next month. I know that this is not the best moment for doing this purchase , but as I said I need it. Do you think that if i bought it I would make a big mistake?? How much time should I (probably) wait for the new model? Because I can't wait up to 1 or 2 months...
    Thanks!:apple:

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

It wouldn't be a 'mistake', as you'd still end up with a fantastic laptop...

A mistake would be to do what I did, which is buy one of the very first MacBook Pros, almost straight away after they came out (it had so many faults it wasn't even funny).

You may however miss out on new and probably better hardware. I'd give it a week or two. This tuesday seems a likely candidate for an update as there are rumours of them shipping mid next week (as opposed to just 'Apple's gonna' release a MacBook Pro with a built in toaster and trouser press this Tuesday!!!1' rumours).

3. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

go buy it the very day you need it, not a week to early. You never kwow what apple will be introducing and when.

4. minik macrumors 65816

Buy it now, enjoy it right away.

There is nothing wrong with the current MBP.

5. soms macrumors 6502

soms

QFT. People keep saying that the new MBP will be like the end of days or something :rolleyes:; honestly it won't be a huge improvement. Just get it when you need.

6. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

If they don't show up by Tuesday, go ahead and buy. You need it now, and you'll have a great computer.

7. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

The current MBP is indeed a great machine. In my opinion, it will not be a mistake to purchase the current MBP. I think that people waiting for over 5 months are making a mistake.:D

8. Mitch1984 macrumors 6502

Mitch1984

9. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I think if you really need it now buy it and not really a mistake.

But, you may want to wait at least two weeks if you can. We know they are due, way due for an update. It sure would stink if you get it and they release an updated case along w. electronics a week after you've bit the bullet.

10. TopGear300 macrumors regular

TopGear300

Wait!!!

With any apple product purchase always check here first!

You know :apple: is always working on something. The new iPod, the new iPhone, the new iMac??? Who actually knows when they are going to release it???

What you have to do is look at what the rumor mill is producing at the time you decide you want to buy an :apple: . Weight out how long you can wait vs. how long the rumors are saying the next one will come out. It just might be worth it to wait or it might not? Thats all part of the equation you have to decide.

Enough of my speech. I speak from experience and learned from my mistake, thats all. HAHA. In this specific case def. wait until this tuesday and then buy away!!!

Enjoy it :apple:

11. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

Hold out as long as you can, But if you absolutely need it right now and your job/school/whatever requires you to have it then get it. It is still an awesome computer that will last for a long time.

I got one last week and I'm not regretting it at all because I knew needed it right now.

-JoE

12. tcador macrumors regular

I ended up buying used instead of new, about 2 weeks ago. I needed one for various reasons but didn't want to pay the new price premium. I found a great deal on this board and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

13. Freyqq macrumors 68040

the day b4 you need it, go to an apple store and buy one. If the new one isn't out by then, o well. you needed it.