Buy a new MBP 13" + Windows 7?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by archdelux, Apr 13, 2010.

1. archdelux macrumors 6502

I am wondering if you could help shed some insight into whether I should get the new MBP 13". If it had a core i5, i would have gotten one, but now I am having doubts.

My use: I don't ever do any gaming and spend most of my computer time web browsing, watching TV shows/movies online (full-screen on an attached monitor if possible) word processing, or studying/typing in Onenote/etc. As such, will I see any significant difference between a 2.4ghz i5 and the 2.4ghz C2D? More importantly, will I ever be wanting for more with this computer?

The biggest problem I have with my current (5yr old) computer is that I can't watch TV shows anymore..the computer overheats and the playing gets choppy/etc...I want to avoid this situation occuring for at least 4years..will this 13"MBP suffice?

Another thing - the graphics card is certainly not top of the line, but do you think I will ever need anything more?

Lastly - I think I plan to run mostly windows via bootcamp, although I am also considering running both OSs dually via Fusion or Parallels...does this affect your assessment at all?

Thanks

2. archdelux thread starter macrumors 6502

bumpp

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

3. Azathoth macrumors 6502a

A good quality (ie not cheapest model) Lenovo, Acer or Dell laptop would also meet your needs. When setup properly they will meet / exceed your requirements.

4. archdelux thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your input.

I was wondering, in your opinion--given my needs/use, do you think that this new MBP13 will meet my needs completely or do you think I will ever be left wanting for more? (ie I want to buy a 13"MBP and am willing to forgo i5/cheaper laptops, but not if I will ever feel that my computer doesn't meet my needs. My needs are pretty simple with the most intense thing being watching streaming TV shows full screen while other windows are open/etc, so I am hoping that I will be just fine with this new MBP...is this the case?)

Thanks